Monday 1 November 2010

Dame Vera gets ink-corporated

I know it is oh so wrong but I could hardly contain my mirth when I heard the Dover People's Port launch - star guest Dame Vera Lynn - was double-booked with a tattooist convention.
Oh the giggles as I imagined our Vera getting ink on skin, a salty seadog design on her forearm perhaps? Of course there were other dignitaries, MP Chas Elphicke, district leader Paul Watkins and county council head honcho Paul Carter.
Did they sneak indoors (yes, the tattooists got inside the sea sport centre, Dame Vera and co got the outside balcony) for a warm up and find themselves perusing the artwork? An I love DHB tat for Charlie and perhaps Messers Watkins and Carter bared their chests for an Up the Blues design?
These are images which have kept me amused for a good couple of days. Is it so bad to  imagine  the head of Vera on the body of Popeye, chewing spinach, flexing tattoos and chortling the virtues of communitisation (read the Dover Express and you'll get a definition for that)?
If so then I am going straight to the burning furnace below because it is these thoughts which brightened up my Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment