Friday 4 January 2013

Coming home and pastures new

So, it's been a flipping long time since I updated this blog. Mostly this is because I once again forgot the password (writing it on random bits of paper is not the answer).
This week has been the beginning of a new chapter in life for me. I have waved goodbye to the Dover Express after five years (sob) and say hello once more to the Isle of Thanet Gazette (yay) and also begin with a fresh patch on the Canterbury Times series (gulp).
It is exciting and terrifying in equal measure as I try to catch up with the Isle and learn about the city of Canterbury and the towns of Whitstable, Herne Bay and Faversham.
Luckily the cure for being terrified is a large glass of wine at night (slurp) and the reward for taking on a challenge is...errr...a large glass of wine (slurp slurp) so the tills will be ringing at certain shops over the coming weeks.
Bloke has been on hand to cook dinners this week and is even dipping his toe into the world of bread-making (yum). Boy, who is no longer a Boy, may or may not have an opinion on my return. Unfortunately he seems to be on a different time zone to me so I haven't had the chance to ask. Perhaps I will bump into him this weekend when he surfaces from the pit to raid the fridge.
My challenges for this weekend are to try and learn more about the Horsebridge Centre in Whitstable (I went there a few times many years ago when I was on loan to legendary former Times series ed John Nurden), read up on the Herne Bay Pier Trust, find out what treasures Faversham holds and discover more about the local music, arts and theatre scene in Canterbury.
A brush up on my who's who in Thanet is also required.
                                           CHEERS CHAPS: Toasting a new chapter

So, if you have suggestions of great places to explore, issues that need investigation or people who should be celebrated then get in touch by emailing kathy.bailes@KRNmedia.co.uk or kathy.bailes@virgin.net.


No comments:

Post a Comment